BY REBECCA DIEROLF
With the heat and humidity, your hair can be difficult to manage. Luckily, there are ways to tame your mane while also looking fabulous this summer! Here are some of our favorite go-to hairstyles for summer that keep your hair out of your face and take less than five minutes to create!
(1) Scunci No Damage Hair Ties, $3. (2) Wide and fine tooth comb, $3. (3) Frizz-Ease Hair Serum Original Formula, $8. (4) T3 SinglePass Twirl 1.25″ Curling Iron, $99. (5) Redken Control Addict 28 Extra-Hold Hairspray, $20. (6) Redken Rootful 06 Root Lifting Spray, $16. (7) Conair Bobby Pins, $3.
(1) Dainty Halo ; Start with your hair curly. Run a dime-sized amount of friz control serum through the length of your hair. Part your hair on one side. Grab about a one and half inch section of hair at the front (where bangs would be). Split the section in half. Twist the two sections, twisting towards the back of your hair. As you continue to twist, grab small sections of hair to add to pieces of the hair before you twist it to join the rest of the hair (similar to french braiding). Pin in the back of your head, and repeat on the other side of your part. Join the two twists in the back, secure with bobby pins, and finish with a light coat of hair spray.
(2) Power Punch ; Start with your hair curly or wavy. Start out by gathering the front-most portion of your hair (where bangs would be). Lift the hair and back-comb the underside of the section. This will give it volume. Add a small amount of hair to the section you just back-combed, and tie with a hair tie. Split your hair into two more sections (pictured below). Take the top portion, slide the hair tie back a bit so the ponytail is about 1″ off of your head. Split the hair above the hair tie in two, and flip the pony tail through the split towards your head. Pull the ponytail through. Do the same with the middle and bottom pony tails. Fish the hair from the top ponytail through the split in the middle twist. Do the same with the bottom twist until the hair from both the top and middle ponytails are threaded through the bottom twist. Loosen the twists so the hair is voluminous. Finish off with hairspray.
(3) Knot Your Average Bun ; Run a dime-sized amount of anti-friz serum through the length of your hair, avoiding the root area. Back-comb the backside of the crown of your hair. Flip your head upside down and french-braid your hair, braiding towards the top of your head. Tie off the braid with a hair tie and flip your head back over. Gather the top portion of your hair onto the top of your head and add the braid. Remove the hair tie from the braid, and tie all the hair onto to the top of your head into a ponytail. Twist the hair around the ponytail into a bun and secure with another hair tie. Secure loose hairs with bobby pins. Finish with hairspray.
(4) Playful Pony ; Start with straight or wavy hair. Spray the roots on the top of your head with root lifting spray and blow a hair-dryer on your roots for a few seconds with your head upside down. This will add volume. French braid the top portion of your hair only. Tie off the braid at the back of your head. Sleek back the sides of your hair and join them with the braid. Gather all of your hair and tie off in the back to make a ponytail. Pull the hair tie tight. Spray the sides of your hair with hairspray and sleek back to define the top braid. Lightly spray the braid with hairspray and secure any loose hairs with bobby pins.